Monday, May 30, 2011

Hey Weight!

So here is the deal: I have been overweight for a long time and frankly I just got used to being the fat girl. I can’t say that I have ever really tried to diet and lose weight because it was somewhat of a non-issue. I like food so I ate food. Then I got older and realized that I wasn’t really happy with my appearance. Shortly after that realization, my doctor told me I had high blood pressure due to being overweight. This is when the light bulb came on...and I started taking my weight loss seriously...all this happened in 2009.

So just like anything else that scares me, I jumped feet first into weight loss and exercise, only to burn out after the blood pressure meds I was taking regulated my bp and my body started to feel good again. I fell off my diet/weight loss plan and went back to my old ways. Gained a few more pounds and ballooned up to my highest weight of 295 pounds!

I was mortified when I read those numbers on the scale! I was 5 whole pounds from being a 35 year old 300 pound woman! Are you serious? Those numbers can’t be right! Hey weight: how did this happen? This was my wakeup call...this was when I made personal resolution to do something about myself. September 2010 is when I started reading everything and anything I could find about clean eating, lower sodium, processed foods, whole grains, etc.

In short, it took me about a full year to change my attitude about food and my eating habits. December 2010 is when I began actually putting what I had learned into practice. I quickly lose about 16 pounds, but due to some personal issues, I fell off the wagon again, didn’t gain everything back, thank God! As of May 30 2011 I have climbed back onto my life transformation wagon and my goal is to ride that thing till the wheels and this extra weight falls off.

It will be one hell of a journey to my transformation, but it's going to be worth it. I decided to start this blog in order to share my journey and transformation with others who may be going through something similar. Welcome to the chronicle of my whole body, whole life transformation.

No comments: